While Follower count is the most popular metric used to evaluate success on TikTok, it doesn’t always translate to more conversions or engagement. You need a bird’s-eye view of your performance on TikTok to create an exhaustive strategy that helps you meet your business goals. To get that, the only tool you need is TikTok analytics.
Figure 1: TikTok analytics. Source: Later
TikTok analytics is a feature allowing users to get a deep understanding of how their content is performing. It even gives insights into your target audience, helping you recognize their likes and interests. This enables you to create content that resonates with them and boosts engagement. Additionally, tracking the right metrics exposes the loopholes in your current TikTok strategy. Once you mend them, you’re on your way to becoming a TikTok star!
How to View Your TikTok Analytics?
It is noteworthy that TikTok analytics is only for Business Accounts. And here’s how you switch your current “normal” TikTok account to a Business Account.
Figure 2: Steps to switch to a Business Account. Source: Later
- Navigate to your profile page.
- Tap the three lines in the top right corner and press “Settings and Privacy.”
- Click “Manage Account.”
- Under the Account Control section, choose “Switch to Business Account.”
- Choose the category that is best suited for your account.
- Add your business website and contact details if you wish to.
Once done, you can access TikTok analytics. Here’s how to view it.
- Open the TikTok app.
- Tap “Me” at the bottom right of your screen.
- Click the three lines at the top right corner.
- Click “Creator Tools.”
- Click “Analytics.”
Categories of TikTok Analytics
Once you have access to TikTok Analytics, you’ll see four main tabs: Overview, Content, Followers, and LIVE. It can be slightly overwhelming. So, allow us to explain what each tab entails.
Figure 3: TikTok Overview Analytics. Source: Socialinsider
This tab comprises the total views, follower count, number of people who viewed your account within a specific date range, and followers you’ve lost or gained. In addition, you are given a comparison of your performance in the chosen date range and in the previous periods. As the name suggests, it gives you an overview of your TikTok Business Account. A look at this tab will, more or less, let you know if you’re performing well on the platform.
Figure 4: TikTok Content Analytics. Source: Wishpond
This tab is specifically to help you understand the people engaging with your content. It shows the total follower count and your follow-unfollow rates within your chosen date range. This tab gives you the performance data about individual content pieces. So, clicking on a video you posted will show details, such as:
- Video views
- Average and total watch times
- Traffic sources — profile visits, followers, or “For You” page
- Users’ actions — likes, comments, and shares.
Figure 5: TikTok Followers Analytics. Source: Digital Strategy Consultants
Moreover, you get access to the trends and audios your TikTok audience finds engaging. This new knowledge will help you choose the right sounds and plan your content well.
Figure 6: TikTok LIVE Analytics. Source: TikTok For Creators
This tab informs about the performance of your TikTok live streams. It includes total views, new followers, live time, and top viewer count.
What Do TikTok Metrics Mean?
- Video Views: The total number of times TikTok users viewed your videos in a time period.
- Profile Views: The number of times your TikTok profile was viewed over the past 7 to 28 days. Higher profile views signify people are interested in knowing your brand and services. It indicates brand interest.
- Likes: The total number of likes your videos received.
- Comments: This metric indicates the total number of comments on your TikTok videos within a period.
- Shares: The total count of times your videos were shared. A higher share count will boost your brand awareness, helping you generate more sales.
- Followers: The total number of people following your account. Ensure to analyze the 28-day trend to get a clear vision of your follower growth.
- Content: The number of TikTok videos you posted within a time period.
- LIVE: This metric is a total of the live videos you hosted within a time range.
- Trending Videos: This metric shows your top nine videos with the highest views over the past 7 days. It is significant, as it gives away the secret of your success on TikTok. Assess what’s common in your most popular videos and include that element in all your videos to succeed on the platform.
- Total video views: It is the total number of times a video has been viewed.
- Total like count of a post: As the name suggests, it is the total likes a specific post has received. Creating the same kind of content that people like the most will help you excel on TikTok.
- Total shares: It is the number of times users have shared your TikTok video with their friends and family.
- Total play time: It is the total hours, minutes, and seconds TikTokers have spent watching a particular video on your profile. Compare this metric with other posts’ performance to determine the average play time.
- Average watch time: This is the average time people spent on your video. It shows for how many seconds your video retains people’s attention on average. If people are staying almost till the end, your video is engaging. If they’re scrolling away within a couple of seconds, your videos aren’t as entertaining.
- Watched full video: It is the total number of times people have watched your video till the end.
- Reached audience: It is the total number of TikTok users who watched your video.
- Video views by section: This metric indicates the source of traffic for your post in terms of the sections: FYP, profile, Following feed, sounds, hashtags, and searches. Examine this section carefully to leverage specific hashtags and audios for extended outreach.
- Video views by region: It is the top location your viewers belong to. This metric will give you a clear picture of your location-specific campaign performance.
- Gender: It is a breakdown of your followers by gender. We recommend you create universal appeal content to increase your chances of going viral. But if your brand serves a highly niched audience, focus on reaching your specific target audience.
- Top territories: It indicates the top 5 countries your audience is from.
- Follower activity: This metric shows the times and days your followers are most and least active on TikTok. Uploading videos when your followers are active on the platform increases your chances of enhanced visibility.
- Videos your followers watched: This is another significant metric you can’t overlook. It tells you the kind of content your audience enjoys watching. In this section, you’ll see the top 3 videos amongst your followers in the last 7 days. Come back to this metric when running short of content ideas!
- Sounds your followers listened to: It shows the trending TikTok sounds your followers are listening to.
Leverage Analytics To Grow Your TikTok Account — Tips You’d Not Want To Miss!
- Plan your content ahead: Don’t expect fruitful results if you don’t have a sound content plan. A strong content strategy will ensure you’re consistent on TikTok and only upload well-thought-out content relevant to your target audience.
- Conduct a monthly audit: Sit with your team every month to examine TikTok analytics. This will give you an overview of how well you’re performing on the platform and the changes to boost your growth.
- Understand what’s working and what’s not: Once you’ve examined the data, analyze the reasons behind your well-performing and not-so-well-performing videos. Eliminate elements from the videos that are repelling your users and include more attention-grabbing components.
- Keep an eye out for new trends: Hopping on the new trends increases visibility by boosting your chances of appearing on the For You page. Don’t create content around trends that are irrelevant to your industry. Only leverage appropriate and relevant trends for a professional and authentic presence on TikTok.
TikTok Insights Showing Depressing Results? Here’s A Quick Fix!
Are you not yielding positive results on TikTok despite staying consistent? Do you think your efforts are futile? Is your TikTok marketing strategy ineffective? Succeeding on competitive and crowded platforms like TikTok is difficult. However, some brands are still booming despite the competition and saturation. How are they excelling, though? Influencer marketing.
Most reputable brands partner with TikTok influencers to tap into newer audiences and scale their businesses. Higher sales and revenue seamlessly follow when experienced influencers endorse your brand and products, as today’s customers rely on influencer recommendations.
Do you want to leverage influencer marketing? Atisfyreach can streamline the process of searching for the right influencers. Atisfyreach is an AI-based influencer marketing platform that connects brands with professional content creators targeting a similar audience.
Register with us today and we’ll match you with TikTok creators that can take your brand to places!